Orange County Council on Aging
The Orange County Council on Aging provides many resources to seniors who live in the Orange County/Inland Empire communities. This Council is an excellent resource to REAOC members and their families.
The Mission of the Council on Aging is:
The Council on Aging-Orange County promotes the independence, health and dignity of older adults through compassion, education and advocacy.
The Vision of the Council on Aging is:
Through the efforts of the Council on Aging-Orange County, our community will realize a better aging experience in finding solutions to life’s aging issues.
Programs and Services
Advocacy & Protection
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) – Provides unbiased, individualized counseling and group seminars to help Medicare recipients maximize benefits, understand health plan choices and resolve denial of services.
- Long-term Care Ombudsman Program – Advocates for the rights of Orange County’s older and disabled adults living in skilled nursing and residential care facilities.
- Financial Abuse Specialist Team (FAST) – Refers individuals to appropriate community resources and educates them about fraud committed by scam artists, caregivers, friends, and family members.
Education & Outreach
- Education – Provides seminars for individuals, corporations, and CEU training for professionals regarding Medicare, caregiving, long-term care, medication management, and healthy aging.
- SmileMakers Guild – Mobilizes community support and provides holiday gifts to over 2,700 residents of skilled nursing and residential care facilities.
- ReConnect Program – Reintegrates Orange County’s isolated adults (age 26+) and older adults into the community, incorporating healthy and meaningful activities into their lives.
- Friendly Visitor Program – Provides over 4,000 hours annually of companionship and social support to isolated, frail adults.
Contact the Council on Aging
- Telephone (714) 479-0107
Ombudsman: (800) 300-6222
HICAP: (800) 434-0222