Health Care Plan and Medicare
HEALTH CARE PLAN AND MEDICARE
The County of Orange offers a Retiree Medical Plan for retired individuals and their eligible dependents who receive a monthly Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) retirement pension. The program is also available to the surviving spouse, domestic partner, or dependent of a deceased County of Orange retiree if you receive a monthly OCERS retirement pension.
The Retiree Medical Plan includes County of Orange health plans, available to both in-state and out-of-state residents. Additionally, the Plan includes a Retiree Medical Grant for eligible individuals. If you retire with at least 10 years of continuous eligible County service and are at least age 50 at the time of retirement, you may be eligible for the Grant, which offsets the cost of your retiree medical insurance rates. You may use the Grant toward County health plan rates and/or reimbursement toward your Medicare Part B premium (if eligible).
HEALTH PLAN RATES
To view the most current rates, please click here.
You must enroll in Medicare if you are 65 or older . Ideally, you should enroll in Medicare 90 days before your intended retirement date to ensure that your Medicare coverage is in place by the time you retire. To learn more about Medicare or to enroll in Medicare, call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or visit www .ssa .gov. You may also click here to see the 2019 Medicare & You publication.
- If you elect a Medicare Advantage Plan which requires Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approval, failure to have Medicare enrollment in place at retirement (if age 65) may result in your paying a higher cost and being enrolled into the Wellwise Retiree PPO health plan while your Medicare is being finalized. (Medicare Advantage Plans require CMS approval and Medicare assignment prior to enrollment.)
- If you are eligible for Medicare Part B only, you can only enroll in certain plans. If you are eligible for Medicare Part B only, you should immediately call the Benefits Resource Line toll-free at 1-800-858-7266 and advise the Benefits Center. They will require you to provide verification of your Medicare Part B only.
THE BENEFITS CENTER WEBSITE
Visit the website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to enroll or log-in.
Log in at https:// countyoforange .ielect .com. You will have a new Username and temporary PIN when you log in to the website for the first time. After you log in, you will be prompted to change the temporary PIN.
- Go to https://countyoforange .ielect .com
- Enter: • Username: First 4 letters of your last name (or full last name, if shorter) + last 6 digits of your Social Security number • PIN: Your birthday (MMDDYYYY)
- Follow the instructions to create a new PIN and security question, then click “Save.”
If you have any questions or need assistance call a Benefits Specialist at 1-800-858-7266.
THE BENEFITS RESOURCE LINE
Call the Benefits Resource Line toll-free at 1-800-858-7266. Benefits Specialists are available to take your enrollment elections Monday through Friday, from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PT, except holidays. TTY and translation services are available.